Wishing the Fort Leonard Wood Rental area a HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY!!!!
As the Fourth of July weekend approaches please keep some firework safety tips in mind as you celebrate America!
1. Obey all local laws regarding the use of fireworks.
2. A responsible adult should supervise all firework activities. Never give fireworks to children.
3. Light one firework at a time and then quickly move away.
4. Do not hold a fireworks item in your hand.
5. Use fireworks outdoors in a clear area; away from buildings and vehicles.
6. Never relight a “dud” firework. Wait 20 minutes and then soak it in a bucket of water before you discard it.
7. When using fireworks always have a connected hose, bucket of water, or other water source nearby.
8. Do not experiment with homemade fireworks.
9. Dispose of spent fireworks by wetting them down and place in a metal trashcan away from any building or combustible materials until the next day.
10. Ensure all pets and animals are away from fireworks noise.
!!!!! With the rise in stress-related disorders affecting American service men and women, pay special consideration to individuals who may be sensitive to loud noises in proximity to your fireworks show. !!!!!!